Before we get into the prize of the month, I want to make an announcement, so pull up a chair and get settled in! Since I started doing give-a-ways, I have always used a question to determine a winner by receiving a correct answer as a comment. Well, as of today, that is going to change! I’ve come to realize that by using the “question method,” many faithful readers don’t have a chance to win because they see the post too late (after someone has already won), don’t know the answer, or may be busy on the day the give-a-way was posted and missed it altogether. I want to offer a way that more fans of SGM can have a chance to win, regardless of whether they know SGM history frontward’s and backwards or not! LOL! So this is how the new give-a-way is gonna go…
1. To be entered in the give-a-way, all you have to do is leave your name as a comment – be sure to enter your e-mail in the form you fill out to make a comment so I can contact you if you win. (No one will see your e-mail address but me.)
2. There will be ONE WEEK to enter. Cut off time will be the following Thursday at noon, Central Time. (And the winner will be announced on the next day, – the 2nd Friday of each month.) This way, you don‘t have to worry about missing the give-a-way, there is plenty of time to enter!
3. Names will be placed in a box, hat, pot or something fun to be thoroughly mixed, and then I will draw a name and announce the winner on the blog. I will also draw a “second runner up,” to fall back on.
Sound like fun?
Okay, here is what’s up for grabs! Exactly one year to this month, May of last year, Ivan Parker released his Joy Ride CD…and a fun pair of sunglasses that say “Joy Ride” on the side. These two items are what you can win this month! To enter the contest, post your name as a comment!
1) The winner will be contacted by email and posted on the blog. Make sure you email is current!
2) All comments go through moderation and will be posted in the order received.
3) The winner has 24 hours to respond with their name and address once they have been contacted by email. If there is no response in 24 hours, the second runner up will be notified. Help me help you – be timely!
4) I will announce the winner and second runner up on the post.
5) Have fun and be a good sport!